Latest release 5.1.1 , updated 2 years 1 week ago
New year, new updates. Behold— the Wish List release! The team has been hard at work, hand-crafting some feature updates and bug fixes based on your valuable feedback. Thanks for letting us know what we can improve on.
Fixed in this version:
• iOS 7 users: With this fix, the only freezing you'll have to worry about is the temperature outside. If the app has been unresponsive or you’ve had trouble loading the app, upgrade to this latest version to get back to MapQuest-ing like a pro.
• Quickly and easily get reverse directions— the button is back!
Updates from 5.1:
• Updated app icon is easier to find and makes launching MapQuest a breeze.
• Easier to explore the map as you navigate with resume follow mode.
• We’ve integrated weather on the home screen that helps you decide the best mode of transportation.
• Expanded search features allow you to broaden your search when we cannot find your location on our first try.
• Improvements to the launch experience enabling the map to load faster!
About MapQuest: Free Navigation, GPS, Maps & Traffic
Tired of referencing multiple apps to help you determine the best way to get from Point A to Point B? Our new Compare simplifies your life by solving for the Mobile-Multitasking Madness to help you find the best mode of transportation based on the time of day, cost, situation, weather, and more!
We’ve integrated multiple modes of transportation, including Uber and car2go* nationwide and transit** in select cities. In addition, avoid the rubber-necking and route around accidents, plan multi-stop trips, and tap into advanced routing capabilities-- including alternate routes. With a recognizable “Map” icon, robust bookmarking options, and handy sharing features, navigation convenience is just a tap away. Whether you’re running a quick errand or taking a road trip, MapQuest's live maps and traffic updates and GPS and voice navigation, give you the trusted directions and traffic info you need.
With the MapQuest App, you can:
• Forget the app balancing act. Use the Compare feature to see a variety of transportation options, including Uber, car2go* and local transit to help you determine the best available option.
• Traffic a bit crazy? Check your local transit** or use it as an excuse to walk off some of those pesky calories.
• Time is money. That’s why we’ve made it easy to sort your results to get the quickest and/or least expensive option.
• Stay ahead of storms. View local weather so you can plan the best mode of transportation.
• Get in those steps! See walking time to your destination and estimated number of calories you’ll burn to get there.
• Book a ride. Integrate with the Uber app and see available services, pricing and estimated time of arrival.
• Reserve a car. Find and book the nearest available car2go.
• Reading and driving don’t mix. Get voice-guided, turn-by-turn GPS navigation with driving or walking directions.
• Live life in the the moment and have peace of mind knowing we’re using up-to-date traffic data, with live updates and auto re-routing to help you arrive on time.
• Make the most of your day and activate our traffic layer directly from the home screen and see slow downs, incidents and cameras in the area.
• Sometimes, choices are good. Choose the most optimal route from up to three different choices (when available), with traffic, road closures, etc. taken into account to get you to your destination efficiently.
• Impress your friends and family by sharing your arrival time with estimated time of arrival (ETA) and location sharing features.
• Car broken down? Activate membership-free roadside assistance from our menu for towing, flat tires, etc. When available, we track the tow truck GPS location and display it on the map!
• Forget your work, home and other frequently visited addresses. Bookmark them so you can get to them easily from “Go To” on the home screen.
• Live like a local, no matter where you are!
• Search/display nearby points of interest (POI) in your fave categories like restaurants, gas, hotels, etc. with our industry-first layers bar.
• Use advanced search to see contacts, recent searches, top categories and nearby POI to help you find your destination faster.
• Save money by comparing prices of nearby gas stations.
• Browse menus and reviews and make reservations and order food through our Yelp, OpenTable and GrubHub partnerships.
• Book nearby hotels directly from the app!
NOTE: GPS constantly running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
* car2go requires pre-approved membership
**Currently available in select cities with new cities coming soon.
Download MapQuest: Free Navigation, GPS, ... 5.1.1 now